Greensburg Care Center sits on nearly ten acres and features walking areas and two outdoor courtyards. This modern facility has a 120-bed Skilled Nursing Center, which includes a separate 30-bed Center for the Memory Impaired.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Rehabilitation Therapies
- Specialty Care
- Skilled nursing on a long or short-term basis
- A Restorative Program, which offers retraining in daily activities such as ambulation and social dining
- An Activities Program
- A Social Services Program, which serves the resident as well as family and friends
Each resident has an attending physician of his or her choice. A broad range of specialists, including podiatrists, dentists, optometrists, audiologists, psychiatrists, and psychologists, are available to provide treatment as medically necessary. Other staff includes:
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- A Physician Extender
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Rehabilitation Therapists (providing PT, OT and ST
- Dietitian and Dietary Staff
- Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance Staff
- Administrative Staff (Admissions, Social Services, Case Management, Business Office, and Administration Departments)
How Can Someone Be Admitted to Greensburg Care Center?
Many of our residents come to our facility directly after a hospital stay. If the attending physician determines that a resident is ready for release, but needs further care before returning home, he or she will inform the social worker at the hospital. The social worker will then present the resident and his or her family with a list of appropriate licensed facilities in the area. If the resident chooses Greensburg Care Center, a resident evaluation takes place at the hospital to determine whether skilled nursing is the appropriate level of care.
In other cases, a family member who is concerned about a loved one's health seeks out such care.